About the Role
BLA Distribution has an opportunity for a driven Sales Manager to join their experienced team based in Glenfield, Auckland, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the General Manager, you'll be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the New Zealand sales team to promote increased sales revenue and growth, whilst promoting the organisation's product range of the world’s leading marine brands to the New Zealand market.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting and achieving targets for sales and margin, whilst controlling expenditure within budget requirements
- Working with the sales team to establish sales plans for selected customers and market segments
- Driving the organisations' sales strategies in collaboration with the Marketing and Product teams
- Production of comprehensive sales budgets, strategies and plans, with the ability to review and assess strategies for ongoing improvement
- Hands on leadership of your team to include performance reviews, mentoring/training and development.
What experience and skills are we looking for?
- Proven sales track record from the marine chandlery, parts and aftermarket sector
- Inspirational sales leadership capabilities, with a proven track record of results and a tangible appetite for continued success through your team
- Proactive selling and negotiation skills with a focus on building lasting customer relationships
- Effective and professional interpersonal skills
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Adept to an intermediate / advanced level in utilising Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- A keen personal interest in boating preferred
- Frequent travel within New Zealand is anticipated in this role; periodic travel to Australia is also required.
Terms & Remuneration
An attractive and comprehensive package is available, which will be discussed in the preliminary stages of qualifying applications to validate your interest. A Job Description will also be provided to all shortlisted applicants.
About the Company
New Zealand Holdings trading as BLA Distribution is the leading wholesale distributor of marine parts and accessories. With over 40 years in the industry and 4 facilities across Australia and New Zealand, we service over 3,000 customers ranging from OEMs, boat dealers, service shops, retailers and chandlery shops. BLA carries product from over 400 suppliers, including such leading brands as: Minn Kota, Humminbird, Seastar, Sierra, BEP, QuickSilver, Whale, Lewmar, Mastervolt and Fischer Panda.
New Zealand Holdings is now part of Brunswick Corporation. Brunswick is a global company and a market leader in the marine, fitness industries. With such notable brands as Mercury Marine, Life Fitness, Sea Ray Boats, Bayliner Boats, and Boston Whaler, the company is focused on shaping the joys of life – on the water, in recreational centres, at fitness facilities and in homes around the world.
Please submit a covering letter (mandatory) to position your suitability to be considered for this challenge, together with a detailed CV, which should naturally headline your sales successes.
Write to Rob Everall at Marinejobs on email@example.com or call him for a confidential chat on +64 21 996 796.