- Attain and refine a level of technical competence in order to be able to promote and sell the company’s range of engine solutions effectively;
- Schedule a regular call / visit cycle with retailers and end-user customers, establishing and maintaining a professional rapport to deliver effective and timely service;
- Prepare quotations and deliver sales presentations;
- Achieve sales and key performance targets to meet or exceed company budget, underpinned by strong and lasting commercial relationships
- Provide technical support for all products sold, which will include oversight of engine installations and timely and accurate diagnosis of technical issues and fault codes;
- Active participation in marketing and promotional activities, such as sector trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and special campaigns, some of which may entail weekend work;
- Maintaining accurate records and producing regular sales and activity reports as directed;
This role will require regular travel around North Island in order to capitalize on opportunities and support your customers proactively. You may also travel further afield for training.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience:
- Experience in industrial and/or marine engine sales and technical product knowledge, which includes a solid understanding of common rail diesels and the latest engine management technologies
- Qualified as a Mechanical Engineer or Technician with a background ‘on the tools’, meaning that you will bring a sound practical knowledge of diesel engines, including generators and pumps used in various marine and industrial power applications
- Proven sales and business development skills
- Competent user level of standard desktop IT applications
- Current NZ Class 1 Drivers License
- Customer service focus coupled to astute commercial acumen
- Self-motivated with effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Able to work independently and to arrive at confident and well-informed decisions
- Personable and confident manner and the ability to develop long-term commercial relationships
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Confidence to present to small and large groups of people, whether in ‘training’ or ‘sales’ mode
- Team orientation and focus
- A genuine interest in boating and the marine world will always be an advantage!
Salary: Negotiable (will be discussed in the preliminary stages of an application)
Package includes a fully expensed vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
Normal Hours of work: 08:00 – 17:00 although you will need to be contactable outside these hours to maintain a commercial edge.
Incorporated in October 1990, Power Equipment NZ is the exclusive authorised New Zealand, Australian and South Pacific Distributor of Yanmar Marine and Industrial diesel engines, as well as Yanmar-powered MASE diesel marine generators range, Yanmar oil and coolants, Gori folding sailboat propellers, and other leading marine and industrial brands. John Deere has more recently been added to the extensive stable of quality brands as well.
The company enjoys an enviable reputation as a reputable supplier and servicer of diesel engines, through its dealer and branch network, and has the technical expertise, the specialist tools, training and experience to assist with marine or industrial diesel engine enquiries for the brands represented.
Please forward your CV and a detailed covering letter aligning your qualifications, skills and professional experience to these requirements to Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz Ltd in Auckland, New Zealand.
Call Rob on +64 21 996 796 or write to email@example.com
Applicants should ideally have the right of NZ Residency or hold a valid NZ work Visa.
Any applications made directly to the company will be referred back to Marinejobs for processing.