Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine outboard engine servicing, diagnostics and fault finding
- Engine and gearbox rebuilds
- Rigging of new boats
- Trailer repairs
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- Ideally automotive trade certified – you’ll have an engineering or mechanical background with smaller engines plus relevant training/qualifications.
- Marine experience is preferred - but not essential if you can bring the qualities valued by this team
- Any experience of working with outboard motors a real bonus
- Current NZ driver licence
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- Flexible and dependable team player with an outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Able to work at an efficient pace
- Well-organised, tidy and methodical approach to work duties
- Focus on detail and getting it right first time for the customer
- Motivated and positive attitude to work
- Obvious focus on delivering great customer service
- Fluent English language skills (spoken and written)
- Competent computer skills
- Wages are negotiable, based on qualifications and experience – we are open minded to look at those people with 'just the basics' and plenty of potential, as well as more experienced technicians
- Hours – Mon-Fri plus some rostered Saturday work.
Candidates must already have NZ Permanent Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa to be considered for this position.
Please email Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz with your CV and a covering letter aligning your skills and expertise to this role.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 21 996 796.
Any applications sent in error directly to the company will be referred to Marinejobs for processing to ensure parity of consideration of all applicants.