Summary: Experienced and qualified Marine/Mechanical Technician is needed now to join the team at Fish City Albany to work on (mainly) outboards in a range of recreational boats.
Position: Marine Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Main duties and responsibilities:
- New outboard engine installation and rigging (for new boats and repower packages), together with instrumentation packages
- Routine engine servicing and maintenance on two- and four- stroke outboards (any brand)
- Fault diagnosis and troubleshooting, utilizing OEM computerized workshop systems in support
- Preparation of job estimates
- Engine repairs and rebuilds, including ordering appropriate replacement parts and utilizing on line manufacturer parts ordering and reference systems
- Testing engines and sea trials
- Hands on work in the workshop and remotely at the boat location if required
- Occasional work on sterndrives and trailer rigging/repairs
- Preparation of accurate job cards
Qualifications and Experience:
- Trade Qualified as Marine/Mechanical Technician – we can also consider a qualified automotive technician who could be trained to move over to marine work
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing outboards: 2 stroke carbureted, Optimax, Verado and all 4-stroke products
- Experience with stern drives a big plus but not critical
- Experience with electrical wiring, troubleshooting/repairing electrics/accessories would be a definite advantage
- Computer literate for use of company email and on-line parts systems
- Passionate ‘Boatie’ preferred
- Full clean Driver’s License
Personal Attributes and Qualities:
- Strong work ethic in team environment
- Methodical and disciplined approach to producing high quality work
- Excellent communication skills and a confident and personable manner
- Clean and tidy worker who likes to keep the workplace the same way
- $’s competitive and negotiable according to skills and capabilities
- Based in Albany, North Shore, Auckland.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work Visa
Fish City in Albany is a privately owned company, recently under new management.
There are three areas of business: Trailer Boat and Engine Sales (Mercury dealer and also featuring FC and McLay ranges), Retail Showroom to cover all chandlery, fishing and hunting needs and a busy workshop, where new and repowered boats are rigged and where any make/model of engine can be serviced.
Please send your CV and an introductory covering letter to Rob Everall by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or dial 021 996 796 for further information.