We are seeking a motivated Sales person for both new and used vessels.
Training will be provided on the entire product range, as well as the process of boat sales within this business.
The candidate will need to bring a high-end game with excellent customer service skills and a passion for the marine industry. Whilst preferred, we do not necessarily require someone with marine sales experience but a proven track record in sales with some formal sales education is essential.
Boating knowledge and some skills on board considered essential.
The sky is the limit with this position, as the successful candidate will be given all the support and backing necessary to sell boats of all size and types, including both sail and motor yachts, new and used. We have a fantastic support network within the business, with over 20 employees covering marketing, after sales service, and marine trade services. New facilities to extend our range of support are also in development.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Dealing with customer inquiries for sales and demonstrating boats, in Harbour, as needed
- Customer contact and communication, including attendance at local and selected international boat shows
- Managing the boat sale process all the way through to hand over with the client, assisted by the team
- Database update and management
- Maintaining the website, Trade Me listing updates and e-newsletter preparation
- Assisting with advertising and editorial features in marine publications such as Yacht World and Boating NZ.
The successful candidate will bring the following attributes to the role:
- A proven track record and training in Sales
- An active boating background and a desire to keep learning
- Effective computer skills in all Microsoft Office desktop programs
- Great team working and time management skills
- Personable manner and clean and tidy appearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with English as a first language
Remuneration and Working Hours:
Remuneration will be a blend of base retainer and commission, to be negotiated to recognise and reward your track record and potential.
In the summer months, this role will require Tuesday to Saturday hours from October through April with flexibility to chop and change from week to week with other team members if needed.
Winter hours are normally Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed, with some weekends in the mix.
Orakei Marine is based at Orakei Marina, opening on to Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour and the Hauraki Gulf beyond, enjoying a superb location for ease of access to both the city/Upper Harbour and open water.
The team provides all key services across the marine industry sector, focusing on three broad sectors of marina management, marine trade services and new and used boat sales (power and sail), with six major international boat brands in the stable including the very best of European production craft.
Orakei Marine also sells many marine products online, such as Honda outboards, inflatable boats and an extensive range of chandlery items for its clients, and is well reputed for commissioning boats to exacting client specifications.
If this sounds like your next challenge, please send your CV and a covering letter to Rob Everall at Marinejobs.
Call +64 21 996 796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter setting out why this is the job for you.