Summary: Experienced and qualified Marine/Mechanical Technician is sought immediately to join the team at Bay of Islands Marine and Service Centre in Opua to work on outboard engines in a range of recreational boats.
Position: Marine Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Main duties and responsibilities:
- New outboard engine installation and rigging (for new boats and repower packages), together with instrumentation packages
- Routine engine servicing and maintenance on two- and four- stroke outboards (any brand)
- Fault diagnosis and troubleshooting, utilizing OEM computerized workshop systems in support
- Hands on work in the workshop and remotely at the boat location if required
- Preparation of job estimates
- Engine repairs and rebuilds, including ordering appropriate replacement parts and utilizing on line manufacturer parts ordering and reference systems
- Testing engines and sea trials
- Drafting and maintaining accurate job cards
Qualifications and Experience:
- Trade Qualified as Marine/Mechanical Technician preferred – we can also consider a qualified and experienced automotive technician who had the appetite and enthusiasm to be trained in marine work
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing outboards: 2-stroke and 4-stroke products (all power ratings)
- Experience with PWC / water jets a genuine bonus
- Experience with electrical wiring, troubleshooting/repairing electrics/accessories would be a definite advantage
- Computer literate for use of company email and on-line parts systems
- Passionate ‘Boatie’ preferred
- Full clean Driver’s License
Personal Attributes and Qualities:
- Strong work ethic in team environment
- Methodical and disciplined approach to producing high quality work
- Excellent communication skills and a confident and personable manner
- Clean and tidy worker who likes to keep the workplace the same way
- Diligent administrator to keep the work records complete and correct
- $’s competitive and negotiable according to skills and capabilities
- Based in the sub-tropical Bay of Islands in Opua.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work Visa
Bay of Islands Marine & Service Centre Ltd is a privately owned company, recently under new management.
There are three areas of business: Trailer Boat and Engine Sales (Authorized Yamaha Dealer) and also featuring Ramco, Lasercraft, Southernsports and Buccaneer boat packages.
The workshop can support service and repair of any make/model of outboard motor.
Normal operating hours are 08:00 – 17:00 weekdays, and 09:00 – 12:00 on Saturdays.
Please send your CV and an introductory covering letter to Rob Everall by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , or dial 021 996 796 for further information.