Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving customers – face-to-face and on the phone with retail and trade customers, plus handling inbound email parts enquiries from the web site
- Supporting workshop activities with the provision of parts and accessories as required
- Maintaining price lists and the REES stock management system
- Diagnosis and identification of parts required for any given order from technical manuals and reference sources
- Quoting for spare parts (supply and pack/post where applicable)
- Picking parts for customers or for use in the workshop
- Stock control and re-ordering for stock as required
- Handling Goods Inwards
- Handling counter payments for finished goods (credit card and cash)
- Potential to get involved in service bookings
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- You may have an engineering or mechanical background with smaller engines plus relevant training/qualifications – mechanical knowledge is preferred
- Any experience of working with outboard motors and parts a real bonus
- Experience with the main brands handled a distinct advantage, but failing that prior experience in a comparable marine or automotive parts role will be considered carefully
- Competent IT user of standard desktop software packages such as MS Word and web browser
- Forklift experience (or licence) an advantage
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- Capable communicator (on the phone and face-to-face) who can work effectively with customers and suppliers to get it right first time
- Well-organised and methodical approach to work duties
- Great attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy considered essential
- Positive attitude and approach to work with plenty of initiative displayed
- Physically fit and able to move and handle stock items appropriately, some of which may be heavy and cumbersome
- English language skills (spoken and written) of a high standard
- Full NZ Class 1 Driving Licence
Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience – we are open minded to look at those with just the basics and plenty of potential, as well as more experienced operators who’d be looking to step up and take on more downstream.
Hours – Mon-Fri: 08:00 -17:00 and Saturday’s (08:30 – 13:30).
Candidates must already have NZ Permanent Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa to be considered for this position.
Please email Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz with your CV and a covering letter aligning your skills and expertise to this role.
Write to email@example.com or call 021 996 796.
Any applications sent in error directly to the company will be referred to Marinejobs for processing to ensure parity of consideration of all applicants.