Bensemann Boating is a Volvo Penta and Yamaha dealer and has been servicing and supporting all brands of outboard and inboard since the 1970’s. It also features Everyman and Whittley boats.
There is an opportunity for an experienced Marine Parts & Accessories Sales person to join the team of this family-owned business at their newest boat dealership and service centre in west Auckland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving customers – face-to-face and on the phone with retail and trade customers, plus handling inbound email parts enquiries from the website
- Working with the workshop team for the provision of parts and accessories as required
- Maintaining price lists and the Infusion stock management system with latest data
- Diagnosis and identification of parts required for any given order from technical manuals and reference sources
- Quoting for spare parts (supply and pack/post where applicable, including international deliveries and freight)
- Picking parts for dispatch to customers or for use in the workshop
- Liaising with suppliers and placing orders, including routine replenishment
- Handling Goods Inwards
- Stock control and re-ordering for stock as required
- Handling counter payments for finished goods (credit card and cash)
- Maintaining internet listings (Trade Me, etc.)
- Driving deliveries to customers
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- You may have an engineering or mechanical background with smaller engines plus relevant training/qualifications
- Experience of working with outboard motors, inboard engines plus marine accessories
- Of most importance to being effective in this role is your capability to apply your mechanical aptitude in order to handle customer enquiries effectively and to be diligent and accurate in your work
- Experience with the main brands handled (Yamaha Volvo Penta) a distinct advantage, but failing that prior experience in a comparable marine or automotive parts role will be considered carefully
- Competent IT user of standard desktop software packages and web browser to research parts catalogues as well as product and technical information on the internet
- Forklift experience (or licence) an advantage
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- Accomplished and confident communicator who can work effectively with customers and suppliers
- Well-organised and methodical approach to work duties
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy considered essential
- Numerate and commercially-oriented
- Reliable, someone who customers can count on day in, day out
- Positive attitude and approach to work
- Team player
- Physically fit and able to move and handle stock items appropriately, some of which may be heavy and cumbersome
- English language skills (spoken and written) of a high standard and confidence on the phone
- Full NZ Class 1 Driving Licence
Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Ongoing training and development as required
Hours – Mon-Fri: 07:30 -17:00 with a Saturday morning roster (08:00 – 12:00)
Work wear is provided.
Candidates must already have NZ Permanent Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa to be considered for this position.
Please email Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz with your CV and a covering letter aligning your skills and expertise to this role.
Write to email@example.com or call 021 996 796.
Any applications sent in error directly to the company will be referred to Marinejobs for processing in order to ensure parity of consideration of all applicants.