Overview of Role:
We are seeking an experienced Marine Mechanic/Technician to assume a permanent workshop role at Spar Yard Marine Solutions Ltd.
The company is a dealer for Volvo Penta and Northern Lights.
Reports to: Workshop Supervisor
Start Date: immediate and urgent, subject to local work visa
- The main focus of the role will be working on marine petrol engines and sterndrives, plus associated control and ancillary systems in the company workshop or remotely on client vessels (inc. private and small commercial craft)
- Estimate new work
- Demonstrate compliance with company workplace expectations, practices and policies at all times (a detailed employee handbook will be made available to all suitably-qualified applicants as part of the initial evaluation process)
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience:
- Recognised Marine Trade Certification as a Marine Mechanic, working on service, maintenance and repairs to a range of craft
- Experienced with a range of engine configurations but inboard petrol/sterndrive experience is of most importance for this role and where it fits in the team.
- 3+ years of post-qualifying work experience in a workshop, plus technical training
- Track record of effective performance in a workshop role, ideally featuring a major marine brand, such as Volvo Penta
- Competent user level of standard desktop IT applications in common usage as well as modern workshop diagnostic tools
- Valid Truck licence secured within three months of commencing employment
- Self-sufficient approach to the demands of the role, with the ability to take a job and see it through to completion
- Highly-motivated, punctual, well organised and a methodical approach to work
- Strong diagnostic skills to chase down and fix problems
- Personable manner with the interpersonal and professional skills to liaise with customers as part of working on their vessels
- Adaptable to the limitations of life within a small but sophisticated island community
Wage: negotiable according to experience (paid in Bermudan dollars, pegged to the US Dollar)
Probationary Period is for six months from start date.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week between 8am and 5pm weekdays with one unpaid hour break per day.
NB: Weekly work hours may vary according to client demand and inclement weather conditions.
Company logo work shirts provided.
Company Health Plan plus Pension available according to eligibility.
Assistance will be given to secure the local work visa.
For further details about the company, please visit www.sparyard.bm before you apply.
Any applications made directly to the company will be referred back to Marinejobs for processing.
Please forward your CV and a detailed covering letter aligning your qualifications, skills and professional experience to these requirements to Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz Ltd in Auckland, New Zealand.
Call him on +64 21 996 796 or write to email@example.com