100% NZ owned and operated, Ovlov Marine Ltd is the largest Volvo Penta Dealer in NZ and the authorised Auckland City Dealer for Yamaha Outboards. The company offers marine engine sales, parts and accessories sales, plus workshop and mobile engine servicing. It operates 11 mobile vans in total, based at its two locations at Westhaven (Head Office) and Pine Harbour.
Ovlov is also the Auckland City Distributor for Hydraulink Hoses and Fittings, and holds the mobile fittings sales and service franchise for Auckland City and the Eastern Suburbs.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter / Hydraulic Sales & Service Technician to take on this role as soon as possible.
Check out www.ovlov.co.nz and www.hydraulink.com for more information.
This is anything but a routine workshop-based job; you'll be out on the road in a mobile workshop with heaps of autonomy. You’ll work for Ovlov but you will be effectively running and responsible for your own operation.
You get loads of variety, too – all sorts of customers, all sorts of challenges, all sorts of locations. One minute you could be hands on trouble shooting a hydraulic system problem in the forest on a logging machine, the next you could be on a luxury launch or hunting out new business opportunities in the region.
No two days are the same. No time to get bored!
Qualifications, Work Experience and Personal Profile
You might be a qualified Mechanical Fitter, an Automotive Mechanic or Marine Engineer/Technician in search of a new career opportunity.
We are looking for:
- Hands on mechanical aptitude, preferably with a good working knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Marine Engineering knowledge
- Ideally a solid grounding with pressurised pipe work, fittings and systems
- Sound diagnostic and trouble shooting skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service and robust solutions
- An eye for detail
- Well organised approach with effective time management capabilities
- Outgoing attitude and strong interpersonal skills whilst being happy to work alone
- A readiness to knock on doors and to seek out and win new business
- An appetite for success
You will also need:
- Fluency in English (read/write/speak)
- A willingness and flexibility to take on tasks and responsibilities 'outside the square'
- A professional approach to your work – you’ll treat this like your own business
- To be able and ready to undertake ‘on call’ work upon demand
- To be physically fit and able (some heavy lifting is involved)
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit plus a NZ Class 1 driver's license (or equivalent).
A solid hourly rate plus a bonus scheme geared to the sale of parts and fittings as your grow your business will see your efforts well rewarded.
Normal work hours are between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., with a call-out fee paid each time you get called upon to assist a customer outside these hours.
To lodge your interest in this exciting opportunity, call Rob Everall at Marinejobs on 021 996 796, or forward your CV and a covering letter setting out why you’re the person for this role to email@example.com.
NOTE: A Pre-employed Medical (including Drug and Alcohol Screening) plus Criminal Record Check will be a part of the recruitment process.