To undertake duties as directed, to include:
- Assisting crew with pre-start checks and vessel preparation for service
- Onboarding passengers and freight, plus making safety announcements and carrying out safety drills as required
- Continual and proactive observance of all health and safety procedures, rules and instructions
- Line handling and securing the vessel (upon departure and arrival and at end of service)
- Preparation and operation of the bar and refreshment facilities (where such apply according to the vessel) during passage
- Assist with steering, look out and watch keeping duties, in conjunction with the Master/Senior crew
- Assist with vessel replenishment, plus cleaning of passenger cabins and bathroom facilities and general vessel maintenance
Core Qualifications and Work Experience:
- (Essential) Qualified Deck Hand and First Aid with at least two years’ experience as a Deck Hand, ideally in a passenger-carrying environment
- (Desired) Food Handling Cert. with experience in café/bar or hospitality work
- Drivers Licence
The successful candidate will:
- Bring an excellent work ethic and perform as an effective team member
- Demonstrate strong decision making and time management skills
- Remain calm when under pressure or in stressful situations
- Be motivated to deliver a high standard of personal customer service
- Be able to deal with difficult customers in a diplomatic and respectful way
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Terms and Remuneration:
Competitive remuneration package, plus training as required.
Must have the flexibility of circumstances to be able to work within a 3-day on, 3-day off roster, to include weekends.
Pre-employment testing for drugs & alcohol plus a Ministry of Justice check will be carried out in validation of any job offers extended.
The Company and Vessels:
SeaLink Travel Group is dedicated to the operation of a top quality service through its fleet of vessels operating on the Hauraki Gulf, transporting passengers, cars and freight to Waiheke and Great Barrier Islands, as well as a commuter service from Pine Harbour. This position is on the Pine Harbour commuter service.
To apply for this role, contact Rob Everall via email@example.com today, or call 021 996 796 for a confidential chat.
(Any applications submitted directly to the team at SeaLink will be referred to Marinejobs for processing).
With a 10-year track record under Rob Everall, Marinejobs is the only NZ-based recruiter operating exclusively within the marine sector, especially for workshop and trade positions. We are here to match talent and experience with genuine work and career opportunities.
Visit www.marinejobs.co.nz to review other opportunities currently available.