• Skilled Aluminium Boat Builder / Welder
• Growing business - renowned high-quality product
• Dedicated employer who will invest time and energy in YOU
Marinejobs works hard to ensure that skilled marine trades people find suitable work in NZ.
Sometimes, however, opportunity can be thin on the ground, but the marine skills and training can be valuable in other sectors, and people still need to put food on the table and keep the roof over their heads. Sometimes we all need to pull together.
Exceed Maintenance is owned and operated by some of our oldest friends, and they have opportunities available right now for skilled and motivated people, especially in greater Auckland.
We're running this ad on their behalf.
- Mobile contract role with great remuneration
- Lots of variety - no two days the same
- Develop or extend your trade skills - support and training provided within a vibrant franchised operation that's been running for 25 years
Due to rapid expansion in the region, On Board Marine Group Ltd is searching for a qualified Electrical tradesperson to join the team based in Hong Kong.
This is a full time permanent position for an AUS or NZ-qualified 230-Volt Registered Electrical Technician.
- Marina location with local client base
- Well-equipped dealer premises – workshops and hard standing + in-water services
- Busy team in growing business
• Experienced Aluminium Boat Builder
• Fresh new brand
• Small team offering leadership potential
- MEC5 preferred
- Must have fisheries experience
- Departure in August
Our prestigious client with an extensive footprint in Asia is in search of two or three experienced marine Service Technicians to work in Singapore, Hong Kong and (in due course) Jakarta.
Our prestigious client with an extensive footprint in Asia is in search of experienced marine sales and brand representative professionals in many of its operational countries.
The roles sit at varying levels of experience and responsibility, but there is an over-arching priority to the order of recruitment according to need. We are therefore starting to focus on the area where the greatest number of vacancies (5) currently exists, which is detailed below.
If your skills sit at a more senior/experienced level than is indicated, please do not be deterred, as you may be suitable for consideration for these alternative positions instead which will be published in due course, so do please express your interest and trust to our being able to filter according to ongoing requirements matched to your capabilities and experience.
Suffice to say, the first batch of roles below illustrate many of the core qualities we are seeking in applicants.
- Chief Engineer MEC4 (must be recognised by Maritime New Zealand)
- First and/or Second Mates
- Operating in NZ waters, typically 2 trips on/1 trip off (but potential flexibility)
A new client for Marinejobs is seeking experienced staff to join the trawler team operating in NZ waters.
Skilled and experienced marine Fairers and Painters are always in demand.
A valued client in Australia has indicated that 2014 will be a big year and so is on the lookout for talent at all levels on an ongoing basis.
Marine Electricians - Auckland - ONGOING
- Experienced factory fish processing plant Engineer/Technician (Baader Tech.)
- Trade Certified in relevant Engineering discipline, with sea-time
- Excellent salary, according to experience
We have an immediate and ongoing interest in hearing from experienced Fabricator Welders to work in a ship repair / marine and industrial engineering client in Auckland. If you have only welding skills, then this is not the role for you.
- Marine Engineer Class 4 (or higher); First Class Diesel Trawler Engineer (1DTE) ticket
- Track record at sea on comparable vessel(s)
- Excellent salary
- Trade Qualified Marine Electrical professional to join small team
- Self-starter with focus on delivering great service
- Lots of variety